Richard H. Booth, a respected pioneer of the northwest, has been a prominent contractor and builder in South Dakota for over thirty years. Born in Poughkeepsie, New York, in 1826, he honed his carpentry skills and established himself as a skilled artisan. Moving to Sioux Falls in 1870, Booth dedicated himself to constructing significant public and private buildings, including the first church in the county. He was known for his integrity, public spirit, and commitment to the Democratic Party. Despite nearing the age of eighty, Booth remained active in his profession and was revered as a highly esteemed citizen of Sioux Falls.